In consideration of Utah High Adventure, Their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees and all other persons acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as UHA), I hereby agree to release, indemnify and discharge UHA, on my behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that hiking, backpacking, canyoneering, rock climbing, ice climbing, mountain biking, kayaking, and other UHA activities include known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical, emotional and or bodily injury, paralysis, death or damage to myself, to property, or third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, another other things: The hazards of walking on uneven terrain, slips, falls, being struck by rock fall, icefall, or other dislodged or thrown from above; the use of climbing ropes and equipment; the forces of nature; including lightening, weather changes, flash floods and avalanche; the risks of falling off of the rock, mountain or cliff; the risks of exposure to insects and snake bites; the risk of altitude and cold including hypothermia, frostbite, acute mountain sickness, cerebral and pulmonary edema; my own physical condition and physical exertion association with the activities.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all the risks with this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I choose to participate despite the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless UHA from any and all claims, demands, or cause of action, which are in anyway connected with my participation in this activity or my use f UHA's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of UHA.
4. Should UHA or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur any attorneys fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the cost of such injury or damage myself. Additionally, I certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event I file a lawsuit against UHA, I agree to do so only in the state of Utah, and further I agree that the substantive law of Utah shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against UHA on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
Also, I hereby grant permission to the rights of my image, likeness and sound of my voice as recorded on audio or video tape without payment or any other consideration. I understand that my image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image or recording. I also understand that this material may be used in diverse educational settings within an unrestricted geographic area.
Photographic, audio or video recordings may be used for the following purposes:
educational presentations or courses
on-line educational courses
educational videosI have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its items.
If cancelation occurs with in 7 days of the activity the client loses 100% of paid price. Any cancellations done 8 days prior will recevie the amount due in a gift certificate far a later date.
30% non-refundable deposit is due 14 days prior to event.
Full Payment is due 7 days in advance.
If payment is NOT paid in full there will be a late fee of $25.